Information for Prospective Members
The Weston Garden Club meets once per month (usually on the 3rd Thursday) from September through May, 9:30-11:00am at the First Parish Church in Weston. If you are only available to attend evening meetings, you may wish to consider membership in our sub-group, The Provisional Group of the Weston Garden Club.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
· An opportunity to attend monthly meetings to hear interesting speakers
· A subscription to the Green Sheet, our monthly e-newsletter
· Hardcopy and online access to our yearbook and member directory.
· Online access to resources from the Garden Club Federation of MA, Inc.
· An invitation to attend club activities, such as workshops, field trips, tours of member’s gardens, plant swaps and the annual luncheon
· Opportunity to participate in community projects such as Library Flowers, Forbes Conservation Land clean-up, and Art-in-Bloom at the Museum of Fine Arts
· Opportunity to participate in club horticulture and design competitions
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERSHIP
· Attend regular monthly meetings. Members may be absent from not more than four (4) meetings per year.
· Actively participate on at least one standing committee of your choice
· Take a turn on the hostess team for one regular meeting per year
· Take a turn watering and maintaining plants in the Watering Trough, the Native Plant Garden and the Town Center Planter during the summer months
· Pay dues in a timely manner
Promotes civic beautification for Weston by overseeing the care and planting of the Watering Trough and the Town Center Planter.
Supports efforts to conserve natural resources and maintains the Forbes Conservation Land.
Plans workshops and club competitions to foster creative floral design
Holds workshops and club competitions to encourage club members’ gardening efforts and interest in horticulture
Coordinates refreshments at all club meetings. Plans Annual Meeting.
All active members expected to participate.
Provides designs for select town projects and helps club members who seek advice on their gardens. Cares for the Native Plant Garden.
Works to attract new members and ensure current members feel connected with the club.
Contact us today at