Lemon Tart with Chocolate Cookie Crust and Marmalade Cream from Parade Magazine April 2014
40 Chocolate wafers
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, divided: 1/2 stick melted and cooled; 1 stick diced, cold
1 pinch plus 1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 lemons, rinsed and dried
1 1/2 c sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 c heavy cream
3 tbsp orange marmalade
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Process chocolate wafers in a food processor until finely ground. With motor running, pour melted butter and and 1 pinch salt through feed tube; process until combined. Scrape out into a 9 in tart pan with removable bottom. using the bottom of a dry measuring cup, press crumbs evenly across bottom and sides of pan. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake until fragrant, about 12 minutes.
2. Finely grate zest of 1 lemon, then cut in half and juice lemon; combine zest and juice in food processor. Slice second lemon; discard seeds. Add slices to food processor along with sugar and remaining 1/4tsp salt. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add eggs; pulse to combine. Transfer lemon mixture to a stainless steel bowl.
3. Bring 2inches water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Place bowl with lemon mixture on top, ensuring that the bottom of bowl does not touch the water. Add remaining 1 stick cold, diced butter and cook, whisking constantly, until butter melts and mixture is smooth. remove bowl from heat and let cool 20 min.
4. Pour lemon mixture into tart crust. bake until center is set, 18-22 minutes. Transfer to refrigerator to chill.
5. Meanwhile, beat cream in a bowl with marmalade. Just before slicing, dust tart with confectioners sugar.